JoAnn Asselin's Blog
Do you need a body workout and the gym is far away, or you can't afford to pay for a gym? Why not try using your local park. You don't need to register for or pay out anything or follow anyone's routine. You need to get a pair of sneakers, a bottle of water and your headset. Then you are ready to work out at the perfect time that will be comfortable for you. You can make your local park the perfect workout venue.
Warm in the park by jumping rope, jogging, and running. The park benches, swings, and monkey bars are everything you need to have a successful body workout.
- Park bench: There are numerous workouts you can do using the park benches: Toe-Tap. Alternating Step downs. Push Ups. Mountain Climbers. Step Ups and Tap Ups. Triceps Dip. Bench Jump. Elevated Back Lunge
- Swings: A swing supports different workouts such as: Split Squat. Knee Tucks. Swing row. Criss-Cross
Strengthening your core at the local park has fantastic health benefits. Your core muscles are the flexible connectors of your upper and lower body. Properly built up core muscles increase your body’s strength. A stable core also improves stability and balance, helping to prevent falls or injuries during sports and athletic activities. Having a robust and flexible core improves almost everything you do:
- It helps protect the central nervous system and internal organs in the body.
- It helps prevent future injuries by strengthening your muscles and making you less prone to injuries.
- It reduces back and body pains.
- It improves your posture.
- It helps you look good and feel great.
- It makes the muscles work perfectly together.
- It enhances the respiratory system.
- It helps in reduction of body fats and weight loss.
- It increases inner energy.
- It makes you physically, mentally, and emotionally stable.
- It saves money and the stress of finding a good fitness club or gym to join.
- It aids in burning the calories in your body.
- It helps you socialize with the people living in your community.
- It helps in reducing depression, anger, and stress.
- It helps in reducing belly fat thereby flattening it.
These benefits should be a driving force enough to motivate anybody to go directly to a local park to strengthen their core. Besides, working out at the local park is a great way to meet neighbors with similar interests and goals in your new community.
Your real estate professional may know of groups that workout in your park or near to your new home, so don’t forget to use them as a resource to learn about your new city.
- Cultivate a vegetable garden. If you have a green thumb and a passion for growing your own food, a big yard can afford you that opportunity. Backyard agriculture is something the whole family can enjoy and get involved in. It's also a fun way to educate your kids about nature, farming, and where their food comes from. As a side note: If you're serious about pursuing this hobby, you may want to have an adjacent shed set up to protect your gardening tools, fertilizer, and other supplies. Building a greenhouse for growing flowers is another option to consider. Once you get backyard farming down to a science, you can save money on groceries and enjoy an abundant supply of organically grown fruits and vegetables. There are many sources of helpful information, both online and off, including Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- Special occasions: When you have room for a couple of picnic tables, a swing set, and a volleyball court (60 feet by 30 feet), then you have the basic ingredients for fun birthday parties, family gatherings, and backyard barbecues. Plenty of space also lends itself to frisbee games, badminton, Bocce ball, croquet, kickball, and anything else your group is up for. Whether you're planning a family reunion, a graduation party, a child's birthday, or a backyard wedding, a good-size residential property can provide the perfect setting.
- Expansion is an option. When your new house comes with some extra outdoor space to work with, all kinds of options are available to you. The possibilities can range from the construction of a sun room or additional bedroom to an in-law apartment or even a guest house with rental income potential. If a new swimming pool is on your "wish list," a spacious lot can help make that a reality.
- Room to run and play: You may have an energetic Labrador Retriever that loves to play fetch or a growing family that thrives on sports activities. Regardless, there's nothing like a big back yard to make all that possible. During the winter months, you can even use a multi-acre property for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. Creating your own skating ring is yet another option.